EW!DC seeks qualified candidates with experience in education and/or children’s literacy for its Power Lunch program. This rewarding position requires working Monday to Friday from 10am to 2pm on-site at a low-income elementary school. School Coordinators ensure that systems are in place for the successful implementation of daily reading sessions, monthly book distributions, and other program events and activities.
On-Site Program Responsibilities:
Please email cover letter and resume to Anne Owl at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: School Coordinator Position.
The Development and Communications Intern will assist with fundraising programs, communication projects and special events in support of Everybody Wins! DC’s mission. This is an unpaid position and is 15-20 hours per week. Applicants must be enrolled in college.
• Assist with media relations: Draft and distribute press releases, conduct media research and follow-up calls.
• Draft e-newsletter and website articles.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of special events.
• Work to research and cultivate new funding sources.
• Enter gift information into Raisers Edge database.
• Provide administrative support to the Development and Communications Manager and also the Development Foundation and Operations Manager, as needed.
Knowledge And Skills:
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Outstanding teamwork and “can do” attitude.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• Ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for information.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, Word and Excel
• Special events experience is preferred
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter to Anne Owl at email@example.com. Attn: Development and Communications Manager
The StoryTime Intern will work closely with the StoryTime Program Coordinator to plan and implement StoryTime performances at each school site. The StoryTime Intern will be responsible for scheduling and facilitating StoryTime performances at each school.
This is an unpaid position and is 15-20 hours per week. Applicants must be enrolled in college.
Specifically, the StoryTime Intern will:
• Maintain excellent relationships with StoryTime school principals and other school personnel
• Collect information from participating schools
• Prepare distribution books for StoryTime performances and assist with deliveries of StoryTime materials to school sites
• Attend StoryTime performances to ensure the success of the program
• Introduce participating students to Everybody Wins! DC, the StoryTime program, and visiting storytellers at StoryTime performances
• Support program operations by keeping & reporting accurate data
• Complete a program evaluation for each StoryTime performance; documenting number of students in attendance, storyteller, names of teachers, books distributed, success and challenges
• Research new storytellers to expand the StoryTime roster
• Participate in program meetings as required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Jennifer Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org.